Making Your Home Picture-Perfect
Potential homebuyers start their home search online, so it only makes sense to make sure your home is photo-worthy when you’re ready to sell. Our agents at Sands Realty know how to best prep your home, inside and out, for top-quality photos that make for a picture-perfect showcase to the world. Here’s our guide:
Clean up that curb appeal by hiding your cars (off the driveway and curb); cleaning off the front porch; turning all exterior lights on (and making sure they’re working); mowing and trimming the yard and pruning the landscaping; and adjust blinds and window treatments if necessary.
The overall goal is to clean and declutter your home at every turn for the best photo ops, which includes:
- Turning off fans (moving fans look blurry in photos).
- Turning on lights for brighter visuals.
- Adjusting window treatments and/or blinds to either hide imperfections or show off scenic views outside the window, like a pool or waterfront amenity.
- Cleaning your house, so homebuyers see the beauty of your home and not all your stuff.
- Refreshing your bathroom: Remove all your personal toiletries that line your countertops, clean your sinks and clear out the shower/bath tub.
- Hiding any pets (and all of their accessories).
- Tidying your fridge doors by taking off all personal photos, magnets, children’s drawings, etc.
- Hiding any visible trashcans, as it’s not really a welcoming décor piece in any room – especially the kitchen.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
We’re here for you. If you’re ready to buy, sell or build a home, call Sands Companies now at 843.839.4634 and one of our top agents can sit down and discuss the best plan for you. Alternatively, complete the contact form below and a specialist will be in touch with you within 24 hours. We look forward to hearing from you!